2/24/14

9.6.13 to 2.23.14 **RileyMae**

Little Miss Riley Mae is 5 1/2 months.  I wanted to give some updates on where she is in her development as well as some pictures.  I originally started this blog as a way to track my pregnancy and motherhood; somewhat of an online baby book, but it has turned in to so much more!  I thought I would get back to more of an actual real update on Little Miss Mae.

Biggest news is she is eating baby food.  I introduced carrots a couple weeks ago and to my surprise she really liked them.  I had read on a few different sites that you could introduce food as early as 4 months, other sites completely forbid it.  I have learned, in my short time of being a mother, you just kind of go with it.  I can only research so much before I just decide on my own.  Riley was definitely ready though to for her palate to experience some new flavors.  She had been reaching for our food and following it with her eyes for some time now.  She had tried carrots, green beans and sweet potatoes.  So far sweet potatoes seem to be her favorite.  I am still primarily giving her milk, but I am slowly giving her little tastes of different foods here and there.
   She has been rolling over since the 6th of this month.  The only reason I remembered that is because she was exactly 5 months when she did it.  That made it easy.  Now she constantly rolls over any chance she gets.  She has only rolled once though from her back to stomach.  That seems to be a lot harder than stomach to back rolling.
   She can sit up for about 30 seconds to a minute without falling to one side.  As long as she has a toy in front of her to reach for she seems to stay up longer.
  She is definitely in that stage now where anything and everything in reach she grabs and immediately goes in her mouth.
  She still loves her feet so much.  If she is on her back those feet are in her hands and she is a "happy baby." Yoga has that appropriately named.
  Her baby einstein bouncer is her favorite to be in.  So many activities and things to reach for, really keeps her entertained and challenged.  She has recently discovered that her chair rotates 360 degrees, so now she is all over that thing.  She bounces up and down like there is a trampoline under her; it cracks me up.
  The last 4 days she has really been teething bad.  I hope she is close to them cutting through.  I have been giving her tylenol so that she actually sleeps through the night, or else we both are up every two hours.  All she wants to do is nurse because I think it makes her gums feel better.  She has been biting and gnawing on anything I give her and her gums are red and a little swollen.  I am hoping that they will be coming any day now because I feel so bad for her.
  It is funny to me how she already is bored with certain toys.  I will be holding her in the morning at the table eating with drew and have her toy and a cup of coffee there, which one does she want?  The cup of coffee...
   She takes 3 naps a day for about 45 minutes. Her bedtime is between 6pm-6:30pm.  She wakes up at 5:30am and when she is tired she sucks on her bottom lip.  That is her pacifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment