2/22/14

10 minute workout// Feeling the burn// Not overwhelming

Hello!  Finding the time to get an extra little cardio/strength training in during the week can be challenging, especially because I am training for a half marathon and taking care of little Riley.  I recently found this weekly workout that I have tried the last couple days and have been thoroughly impressed with the amount of muscle soreness I have felt from such a short workout.  I have really loved the exercises, simple, but if done with the duration that it says I definitely feel the burn.  The exercises are great to get that heart pumping!  I have been trying to do the routine when Riley takes her naps.  Another goal for this year was to work on goal setting.  I am trying to keep my goals attainable by not overwhelming myself with huge achievements all to fail.  I am trying to start small and just stay CONSISTENT!  I am written these exercises out on a paper and I have it posted next to my running schedule.  Everyday I will look to see if I have done my little 10 minute exercise for the day. Start somewhere and be consistent and obedient.  Results will come just stick with something.  And another thing I was thinking of was when this gets easier, adding one thing to make it more difficult, not necessarily changing it all together.  Again, not trying to overwhelm myself with too much.

Here is what it looks like!


Monday:
30" plank Right and Left sides
30" plank
10 lunges Right and Left x 2
10 burpees

Tuesday:
10 pushups
30 crunches x 2
10 burpees
30" plank
10 lunges R/L

Wednesday:
10 lunges
60" plank
30 crunches
10 pushups x 2
30 bicycles

Thursday:
10 pushups
30 bicycles
10 burpees
60" plank
10 lunges x 2

Friday:
20 burpees
10 pushups
10 lunges R/L
30 bicycles
60" plank

Saturday:
5 lunges
10 pushups
l0 burpees

(x3 for all)

No comments:

Post a Comment