8/28/13

Anticipation

      This morning I went on a little walk with my beagle to kick of the day before it becomes unbearably HOT.  It is supposed to get up to 99 degrees today.  Yuck!  On my little walk I of course was thinking of our little girl and wondering when she will be making her debut.  Thinking of what time of day it will be when I go into labor, how long will I be laboring, will she have alot of hair, and many other wonderful thoughts.  What struck me was the correlation that happened in the middle of those thoughts.  As I was pondering all of the possibilites of her arrival, the word anticipation came into play.  Since 37 weeks we have been considered 'full term' and definitely the anticipation of it all has really set in.  I have been having dreams it seems every night about her, she is constantly on my mind and heart, and I cannot help but daydream about who she is going to be, and the relationship I cannot wait to see unfold.
        This is how I want to feel about Jesus...
     I want to be daydreaming about seeing Him face to face, learning more about Him, and having Him constantly on my mind.  It was a really great reality check to see where my heart has been.  Our little one is always on my mind, but am I praying for her?  Am I lifting her up and seeking the Lord on her little new life?  I found myself really moved by the spirit with this correlation that arose.  Anticipation is such a useful tool.  I want to use it to its full potential as we are waiting.  I want to grow closer to the Lord and pray diligently for her before she comes.  There is SO much to pray for too.  My hope is that my prayer life will continue on even after she is born, that I can seek and pray over her as we are so priveleged to be able to be parents of a little life.  What joy she has already brought us, and I never want to take her for granted or get of course with the battle that is always at hand.  I want my perspective to stay close to Lord and that my little girl will grow in the love and strength of our Lord the moment she breathes her first gasp of air.  I want to hold on to this anticpatory feeling and use it to fuel my own relationship with Lord.
       "Wait for the Lord;
        be strong, and let your heart take courage;
        wait for the Lord!"
                      Psalm 27:14 esv

     "...but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.  Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
                      1 Thess 5:15-18

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Love your post Ashley. After children you will find even more reason for prayer. Prayer for when they begin to walk that they don't get hurt, prayer for that first time being babysat, prayer for the first day of school, prayer for good friends, I think you see where this is going. Your prayer life will be enhanced with children if you want it to be. Not long now. Enjoy these last days with your husband. He will feel a little left out when the baby comes so love him up now:)

    ReplyDelete