8/31/13

Exactly 1 week until baby's arrival!

The Lord is good.  I am so thankful for how far He has brought us and the blessing this experience has been.  I am reminded of my complete weakness and humility as we are trying to patiently await and pray for her arrival.  We are totally reliant on the Lord for a healthy baby and to even get a baby.
    Around 35 weeks or so the doctor usually wants pregnant women to do daily kick counts.  Riley is so active though throughout the day that I hadn't been counting.  You should feel 10 movements within 1 hour everyday.  This morning I was running around doing different things, got home and realized that I hadn't really felt Riley at all.  I started getting concerned, so I downed a bunch of water and ate some watermelon.  Thankfully she started moving a little bit, but I definitely had a moment where I was really scared and totally humbled.  I mean I would be utterly crushed and grieved if something happened to her, or something was wrong with her.  My heart really starting hurting for those Moms who have lost little ones before they could ever meet them.  I am so thankful for being able to carry this little blessing from the Lord, but we are not promised all of our hopes and dreams here on earth.  This reality made me take a backseat and realize how utterly helpless we are in the reality of our existence.  (I know this is a deep one ;) )  I am just so thankful to the Lord for the great things He has done in my life so far, and I am thankful for the chance I have been given to give baby Riley a temporary home while she grows into a full functioning human being.  I am beyond excited to meet her and I am thankful to God for all He has given us so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment