6/24/14

It's official-Size 3 diaper for the Ry

      It's funny that I waited so long to switch Riley over to the size 3 diaper. I put her in size two too early and I left her in them a little too long.  Funny how that happens.  I wanted her to reach all of those milestones super fast when she was really little,  and now I am telling time to SLOW DOWN!

       I'm not quite sure how much she weighs, I will find that out tomorrow for her immunizations, but I do know that those diapers were holding on for dear life.  When my sister came over yesterday, bearing gifts I might add, she told me that Riley's outfit was wet right by her diaper, which I had changed not to long ago.  I knew it was time, but I had been holding on to something she was not anymore: 8-16 lbs. Haha.
Segway:

      This is totally why I started blogging in the first place.  I was inspired by a few friends blogs and when I became pregnant I just thought it would the best way to hold on to moments.  And that one day Riley would be able to look at this as her story, and how I was able to watch her grow and learn and discover.

      I read other mommas blogs and I feel very blessed that I am able to stay home with Riley.  It is definitely a different world and one that I honestly never thought I would be apart of but I am and I love it.  Reading and relating to other stay at home moms, or as my husband and I say: "director of operations" has really helped me along the way.  I have found that this new lifestyle  has taken quite some time for me to adjust to, but with outside support from other mommas and an online network of women to glean from, I have slowly become acclamated to it.

      Now this is not to say that I am completely secure everyday in my position in life.  I can still be sensitive to comments that infer I have all the time in the world, or I can do what I want because I don't go to a job, but it is also my job to stand firm in what I do daily and who I am to this tiny human in which I was given and blessed to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment