8/7/15

Coffee + Chat Vol. II



Hello hello and welcome to the weekend.  It has been such a long time since I have blogged and wow do I feel the difference when I get out of the habit!  This last month had brought some challenges but I feel like I have overcome and light is at the end of the tunnel.

1.  Myers-Briggs Personality Test:  Has anyone done this?  I took the full test about 8 years ago and decided that it was time to take it again for a refresher and to see if I had changed at all.  After getting married and becoming a parent I feel like there are components to my personality that have totally changed.  After taking the short version I did find that one of the four letters had indeed changed.  It has been interesting revisiting that and reading up on strengths and weaknesses.

2.  Mom Group: I am apart of a Moms group that I love and am so stoked that it has grown the past few months.  I have been so thankful that we have stick it out for over a year now and I look forward to continue growing together and seeing our littles grow up.

3. Exercise: My little family has been sweating it out together and gees has it been fun.  The mornings have been pretty cool still until about 8:30 and we have had a really good time connecting with each other and cheering one another on.  We have a little trailer that we tow Riley in with our mountain bikes and we all get to experience being outdoors and being in nature.

4. Mental Health:  I am a huge advocate for self-awareness and holistic health.  Recently I have been battling some negative thoughts and patterns of thinking that I do not like and really bring me down.  I have been praying a lot and really asking God to guide me through.  I am noticing that as changes happen in my life I struggle with insecurity and self-confidence.  I used to be in counseling in college and am now signed up to go back in the fall.  I am really excited about it too.  I feel now shame at all that I am choosing to go to counseling because it is so beneficial.  The things I learned about myself when I was in counseling was so good that it just makes sense to me to go back and learn again.

5. C.S Lewis: I am reading Mere Christianity and am super in love with the author's style of writing. I am challenged by the material as well as connected to the tone and flow of the authors rhythm.  Most mornings Drew and I are up earlier than Riley and we get in some solid reading time.  This has been so good for my soul to dig into a book uninterrupted and then to be able to share with Drew on such an intellectual level.  I am truly thankful for that.

*Focusing on gratitude and all the things that are going right-that are true and good can really turn a negative mindset into a positive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment