2/20/14

Sweet Peace and Scentsy Candles

As I sit here in my favorite place, (in my living room looking out the windows) smelling my amazing scentsy candle,  I am at peace, I am thankful and I am filled with gratitude to Jesus.  I am healthy, my husband and baby girl are healthy and my needs and beyond are completely met.  In this very moment I just want to say Thank you to Jesus.  Thank you to Him who provides and gives life and brings peace.  I just want to be thankful in this moment.

   Some other thoughts that have come to mind are those people that are out on the mission field abroad away from the comforts of what once was and adjusting/acclamating to a new lifestyle.  To those people I want to say that I am praying for you, trying to everyday and saying thank you and blessings on you for your faithfulness/obedience/sacrifice.
 
   I believe that peace comes from within, having a deep relationship with the Lord, but I also know that having what I have here in America can greatly affect the peace that I experience as well.  Not to say that my peace is not genuine, but it may be dependent on where I live, what I have access to and the convenience in life.  I recently read a blog of a woman and her family who live in Tanzania and all of the little extra things that she has to do to prepare for dinner, washing clothes and taking showers that we do not think twice about here.  Those little things equate to bigger tasks, thus making it difficult, at least for me, to think of having peace in those moments.

Peace comes from within, from knowing and trusting Jesus.

   Well....there was my rant and thoughts for today.

Check out:  www.becomingm.com to read more about this awesome family.

No comments:

Post a Comment