5/15/14

8 months. 1 week// changes

Riley is just growing too fast! She is crawling, saying mumu, wawa, pupu, baba, and a lot of other screeching type noises that are super cute and fun.  She is teething again with her second bottom tooth coming in and I feel so bad. I have been giving her baby Tylenol which seems to help.
     It is funny to me that the toys she loves to play with are the random household items that make no noise and are not very colorful, but because she sees mom and dad with them, she wants it! That is completely inherent of us humans.
   So she has been crawling for 6 days now and is just getting faster and faster at it.  Her crawl is so cute though because it is totally unique and her own style. She has this little hop and scoot thing that is just super cute.  She doesn't have that typical crawl down yet which is fine with me.  She still sleeps thought the night-praise The Lord so I am a happy momma.  This stage is super fun and I definitely am getting my workout!
    I have been giving her so many different foods. Still no milk, meat or processed food.  Trying to delay that as long as possible.  She absolutely loves avocados, tomato, bananas and strawberries.  I love that she is not picky.
   She still loves her bottle but i am finding that she is so hungry all the time.  With all the crawling now her appetite has really taken off.  I find her eating a lot more now.  But hey she is eating clean so she can eat as much as she wants! We gotta keep her little body fueled up!
  Seriously though I love being a mom, I love staying home with her to see her grow and the funny things that she does.  Life is really good right now which leads me to thoughts and feelings of wanting to give more.  I have been given so much that I want to return it.
   The cultivate bible study that I am in has been a huge blessing and definitely a general concessus of wanting to give.  We have discussed getting more involved with the homeless and doing what we can as women to stand up and take action.  I feel like I have been give so much that I do not want to become a reservoir but a channel.  I don't want  what has been given to me become stagnant or stale but to flourish like that in a channel.  The blessing comes in and then gets filtered back out to someone else.
   I am a mother and a wife that stays at home and their is a unique place for me right now in this season that I don't want to let slip away.  I want to give my time and resources for others around me. To get involved with things during the day that a normal job would not allow for.  It is time to take action, to get serious, to get intentional and do what The Lord wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment