5/15/14

Being Real.

Happy Mother's Day! The year 2014 I have know celebrated my first ever Mother's Day and it was so incredible.   My grandmother, mother, two sisters, brother in law, my husband and daughter all gathered at our house to celebrate. All the daughters cooked breakfast and devoured the amazing food over a game of thrones styled table inspired by my husband. He totally turned our pool table into this huge 20 seater table. It was incredible to say the least.  After a delicious meal and a very messy Riley, we all played catch phrase and cracked up laughing multiple times. My grandma, sweet granny, who had never played before kept getting the buzzer on her turn.  It happened like 5 times in a row.  Drew just started pressing the timer again when it would go off so she didn't even know. We all had a good time.
    I really just loved being around my daughter and husband on Mother's Day. The original plan was to just have a girls day and the more my sister and I thought about it, it really didn't make sense.  Holidays, get togethers primarily should be very inclusive.  I felt like I made the plan and it was to exclusive. Now don't get me wrong their is always a time and  a place for girls days and guys hang out but this was my first Mother's Day.  I think that I lost sight a little when making the plans and didn't really think that I actually really wanted my own little family with me.  Sounds crazy but I really had all the focus on my mom and grandma and kind of forgot that I was a mother that could celebrate too. So we all gathered at my place with our families and celebrated together. It was such a wonderful time and I am so blessed.   I received so many thoughtful texts from many friends who knew it was my first Mother's Day and I truly appreciated that.  I also was able to call my two aunties and wish them a happy Mother's Day and that ended up being a great conversation.

  All in all it was a really good time and I am blessed with my little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment