7/21/14

Be Inspired

      Get "that" song on, go to that "one" spot you love, hang out with that "super rad" person.  Do it.  Feel loved, be loved, and love back.  Know who you are and what you need and do it. BE Inspired.  I read this in SHEREADSTRUTH a couple days ago; an online community of believers:

"We can touch the untouchable. We can see the unseen and listen to the unheard. We can refuse to worry about tomorrow and grab hold of today, trusting He holds us like the sparrows. We can ask and seek, spend our heart-energy on love instead of judgment, say what we mean and mean what we say. We can make moments for our Savior in private so that grace and truth spill out in public. We can love those who don’t love us.
We can invite others to know the Healer by carrying the fragrance of His love, holiness, freedom and grace wherever we go.
Throngs of people were drawn to Jesus that day at the mountain. Matthew says they were “astonished at his teaching” (Matt. 7:28). Isn’t that the best? They couldn’t help but draw close to this Man with a message of radical love. Radical freedom. A radical religion that begins and ends with the heart."

        I guess I should give a little more background as why I am saying all of this...Community.  I feel like I always go back to community when I feel off balance.  The chapter in the bible that this excerpt is from precedes with Jesus saying things like, "don't judge," "ask, seek and knock," "how to decipher true and false prophets and disciples." As I read that chapter I began to see a theme.  Transparency. Raw honesty.  Being in community with others and being real with one another.  Finding that person you can share who you are with, going to that spot where you feel free and restored.  I feel that to be brave enough to not judge, to seek and find Jesus, to discern false prophets and disciples we need to be in community.  How do we find community or even find courage to be in community?  Getting inspired and wanting to tell someone about it!  Finding that thing that gets you going.  Everyone has it.  For me, its Jesus.  What I mean by that is I get inspired by being around people, learning who they are and connecting, being with a friend or a sister and talking real and honest, going to a coffee shop and getting lost in an incredible worship song or seeing a painted sky. Trying to love others and see people like Jesus does.  Find what inspires you, don't let it go and share it with someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment