9/22/14

Monday Mama Montage Vol. 5

Hello.  Happy Monday to you!   

Mama Montage will be short today because I really have been focused on one thing this week; Sleep.  Now Riley has been sleeping through the night consistently for over 6 months now with the occasional teething or sickness middle of the night wake up call.  But recently she has been waking up crying pretty intensely for no apparent reason.  I did a little research and found it to be night terrors.  Now the research pointed to sleep transitions being harder for babies, thus prompting a sudden emotion to startle them causing the abrupt waking.   All I know is that I do not want her to have to experience these anymore.  The first time it happened Drew and I went in her room and picked her up, but she didn't calm down right away. We started praying for peace and that God would be in the midst.   I mean, what else do you do when you have no communication whatsoever ever with your one year old, their screaming, you're kind of freaking out-you better believe we were praying!  So tonight I just want to pray for my daughter. It is times like this when things really feel out of my control that I draw closer to the Lord. I have learned a big lesson over the weekend form all of this and I am thankful that my faith has been challenged.  I just want my baby girl to not be afraid and to know that the Lord is protecting her.  Night and sleep can be a scary thing for a little one.  It is our job as parents to protect them and give them the mental tools to protect themselves.  Pray with me?


God, thank you for being with us always. Thank you God for sending your spirit to guide us and allow us to have full communication with you.  Tonight as my baby girl sleeps, I ask that you O Lord would fill her room.  Allow your angels to stand post on all corners of her room.  I speak your protection over her mind and ask that sleep would be so refreshing tonight.  Help her dreams to be filled with only thoughts and pictures of your greatness.  Allow her mind to draw near to you and to feel your sweet presence.  Help Drew and I as parents to guide and direct her in your ways.  Help us to remember to pray and ask.  Thank you Lord for who you are.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment