1/7/15

Cooking Through W I N T E R *Butternut Squash Ravioli*

I started a little series called 'Cooking through F A L L' in November, but honestly because I am from Southern California, I really didn't make a whole lot of 'cold' weather foods.  I am now re-titling my post to be cooking through winter, since we are now finally experiencing some cold weather. :) #40degress.

I had been looking online for some great butternut squash recipes, since I love butternut squash, and came across a ravioli recipe that sounded perfect.  I hope you can enjoy it as much as my family did!
(This recipe would also be great for a date night for those of you looking for a fun cheap date) :)
Here is the recipe for those wanting to look at those pictures as well.

My beautiful butternut squash


Wonton wrappers with mixture inside

The finished product!

Ingredients:
1 butternut squash (1lb-about 5 cups peeled, seeded and chopped)
1 clove of garlic (peeled and smashed)
28-30 whole wheat wonton wrappers
1/2 cup water

Sauce:
1/4 soy sauce
6 slices ginger (smashed)
1/4 sliced green onions
4 tbl sesame seed oil


Honestly the longest part was pressing the sides of the wonton wrappers together.  The garlic, chopped squash, and water boil for 20 minutes.  Take off stove and mash. Return to stovetop for 3 more minutes stirring constantly and set aside.  Take a tbl of squash mixture and place in the middle of the wrapper and wet all sides with water and your finger.  Take another wrapper wet all sides and press together forming a ravioli style.  (I folded mine so mixture would not come out when being boiled.)  After doing 30 or so, place in separate pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes and then they are done.  Go ahead and make the sauce and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment