1/12/15

Monday Mama Montage Vol. 11



"Take a deep breath." I love this theme for the month of January for the Influence Network, a site created by one of my favorite bloggers Jess Connolly. January is all about taking a deep breath. It is so easy to allow the hustle and bustle of the holidays to carry over into January with the hype of 'resolutions' and all that we actually never pause and reflect. January is the month to stop, breath, reflect, plan, and be thankful. I know I am super thankful.

Over the past six months I have had the great pleasure of getting to know some amazing women. . When my daughter was first born, I was definitely not in the 'pause and take a deep breath' phase-nor was I anywhere near that.  I reached out to a couple different Mom groups in my area at first, but just didn't seem to connect. I then found a couple groups a few months later and was super stoked that they were small and were just starting out.  These two groups have now since merged into the group it is today.  

The power of community is so inspiring and powerful-it lifted me to higher ground for sure.  I was in a pretty scary place during the first few months of motherhood, but having this lovely community of women by my side has helped me stand, thrive, and truly helped me take a deep breath.

This year I am looking forward to growing with these women and their beautiful daughters (yes, we all have girls in this group.) We are looking forward to some 2nd annual festivities this year, as well as our 2nd Mom's night out!  Woop woop!

I encourage you to take that leap into community-finding like-minded individuals and people on the same page as you.

Community is 
beautiful, 
messy 
and completely worth it

Doing life together

No comments:

Post a Comment