7/11/14

What my 10 month old is up to

I have been carrying my baby for 20 months!  10 months in, 10 months out! :)  I absolutely love my little Riley and am thrilled to share all of the amazing things she is doing in life.


Discovery:  books, books, books!  This girl absolutely loves books.  It is so adorable to see her trying to flip through pages, crumple them in her mouth or just trying to open them.  I love watching her learn and discover.  It is such a beautiful thing.

Cruising:   Riley has definitely moved into this stage the last month and a half.  Walking from couch cushion to cushion, walking with her lion roller, and of course, walking with her mom and dad.

Da-da-dad-da:  this beautiful word came flowing out of her mouth just a few days ago and absolutely astounded Drew!  I think he was starting to believe that " mama" was the term that Riley had for the both of us.  But she finally said it and we are so excited.  Now Riley calls for her dada!

Poolside:  My little is quite the fish; she takes after her mama.  Summer time I am in the water, and now I get to share it with Riley.  It has been great to see her love for water as well as having awesome parents and in-laws who bought super rad infant floating devices to make it more enjoyable.

Check-up:  we went a couple weeks ago for an anemia finger prick only and it came back normal.  She is still measuring above average for head size, average in weight, and below average in height.  My baby girl is a petite one.

Playing:   Well playing is definitely starting to move into "play dates."  This mama gets tired of chasing her around the house, and we have discovered that like her mama, we need a change of scenery from time to time (daily :) ). We were blessed with being able to visit a friend in Beaumont who has a little girl older than Riley this last week to "play."  Really they play next to each other, not with each other at this point, but it was still great to get out of the house, to see my friend,  and get our littles exposed to new people.

Slobbery/ chewing/ biting:  This is her thing.  She discovers the world through her mouth.  Everything gets slobbered and chewed on first.

Crazy that in 2 months I will blogging about my one year old!  Blessed that I have been able to care for her for 20 months already!


No comments:

Post a Comment