9/2/13

Change

        Oh how funny that would be to give birth on Labor Day!  Ha!  I just do not think my little girl wants to make her debut today.  She seems pretty cozy in there.  :)  I decided with help from my Dad that I would try to blog everyday this week. He said that he was going to call me everyday this week, because this is a very special time in my life.  How many times in my life will I be able to have this moment again? 5 days until my first baby comes...  Just 5 days away. Wow.  It is imperative that I write down everything I am feeling and experiencing since this only happens once in a lifetime.  It is the unknown to me still.  These few days leading up are just so special to a new Mom such as myself. 
         Random, but somewhat relatable was the week before I got married. (15 months ago today I married the love of my life)  It was so surreal just trying to soak in the reality that I was going to be living with my almost husband and we would really be starting a life together.  I remember thinking, where did all that time go?  How did this happened so fast?  It was just so incredible all of the things I was going to gain, as well as the things I would be giving up. This change seems so scary and unknown!  As is life.  Riley will be here soon, and in that instant out lives will be completely different; forever.   As daunting as that may seem and even sound as I wrote it, I must never forget that life is a constant change.  That IS the only constant.  As a great artist once put it in his song:


The only thing I see is nothing stays the same The only thing consistent is change, change, change" 
  

    Mr. Trevor Davis had it figured out.



        I think when the emphasis is put on this "change," the focus shifts  into panic and inadequacy.  It takes the wind out of the sails of consistency and turns it into this scary process that produces so much anxiety and uncertainty.   I believe going into parenthood with a mindset that coincides with  most other things that we go through in life, will allow me to  have the upper-hand.  In fact I think it is going to be awesome, and I can't wait to rely on Jesus and figure it out!    I know that this is going to be a whole lifestyle change, I know Drew and I will have a different  relationship, I know that I will be different raising a baby, but we can do it.  Regardless of a baby, change was going to occur.  As long as I hold on to that, and hold on to Jesus, (who does NOT change), I get some serious peace that I can rest in.

Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."




 39 Weeks! At Huntington Beach on out last little getaway!
 PCH
 Look at Catalina Island.  Super clear.


Super excited about the cool ocean breeze.  We escaped from 100 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment