9/5/13

"It's hotter than the sun outside"

     The blog title doesn't really make sense, but it does if you are a pregnant lady in the inland empire in September.  103 degree weather, bright shining sun, and way to much weight for one person to be carrying.

This...is my reality.  
     
       Now up until this point I would have to say that I haven't been much of a whiner, well frankly, I really haven't had anything that has been that bad to complain about.  My pregnancy has been really well and I am thankful to God.  But, I will admit, today I am tired, I am hot, and I feel ready.  All the activities that I find so difficult to perform are wearing on me.  I just want to put my socks on without having to awkwardly turn my whole leg out to the side, or to just be able to pick up a receipt off the floor in a timely fashion would be nice. I get all upset with myself now if I drop something, because it takes so much longer for me to get there. Okay, I'm done.
      Good news though would be that I am feeling some contractions!  They are not consistent, very mild, but I know what they feel like now.  I am 2 cm dilated, (thanks to 3 different medical personnel who checked :/), and her heart rate is nice and strong with no abnormalities.  There is so much to be thankful for and if I am a little more uncomfortable the last few days, I would say, we made out okay.
      2 days ago I was supposed to get together with a friend from the Bradley Method class but ended up going to the hospital for a small concern that I had.  I am glad that we went, but we ended up being there for a good 5 hours.  While we were there, I was being monitored continuously for her heart beat, and contractions, which ended up having some hiccups.  Her heart rate had dropped for a period of time, causing the medical team to request we stay an additional 2 hours for monitoring.  We agreed, but because they were so busy, the monitoring stopped for about 30 minutes during that 2 hours and we were both a little frustrated.  We had to apply more gel to the monitor ourselves for it to work again.  All in all though we were finally were released at 8:40 pm with everything checking out normal.  They were very thorough though and for that I am thankful that we are delivering at Loma Linda.
      I had my last doctor's appointment  today, and her heart rate was totally fine and normal.  I have to say that I just love my obgyn.  She is so great!  She actually offered to 'sweep the membranes' today to see if we can get things moving, but after talking we decided to wait until Monday if I am still pregnant.  Sweeping the membrane has 50 % chance of either starting contractions, or breaking the water.  I decided that things are moving along pretty well, and that we could wait to do that on Monday if necessary.
      I walked this morning, drank my red raspberry tea, (iced of course), did some squats, and had a nap.  All in all I will let nature take its course, we will pray, and I will continue my practices of natural induction.

Little baby will be here soon!


Psalm 62: 5-7  "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge."
     

No comments:

Post a Comment